Breathing New Life into Old Buildings
Friday 30th June 2017
As previously reported following a tendering process Lostwithiel Town Council has now appointed Le Page Architects and the Real Ideas Organisation (RIO) to lead a feasibility study into how currently unused Edgcumbe House, along with Taprell House and the Guildhall, could better serve the town.
Locally based RIO and Le Page both have considerable experience in working with heritage buildings, particularly when it comes to conservation, financial sustainability and supporting communities.
Alongside the Town Council’s Working Group, local residents are now invited to join the conversation about how we can breathe new life into old buildings. Over the coming months there will be plenty of opportunities to contribute your ideas to the conversation -
- How could Edgcumbe House be better used?
- What are we missing from the town?
- What are the things we love about Lostwithiel
- What are the things we might want to improve?
This is the beginning of a conversation and the Working Group would like to hear as many peoples’ views as possible. There are a number of ways to get involved:-
- There is an OPEN DAY with the Consultants at LOSTWITHIEL COMMUNITY CENTRE on THURSDAY 13th JULY between the hours of 2pm and 7pm.
- You can share your views via this short survey https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/lostwithiel
- You can contact the Working Group via our Town Clerk Sandra Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01208 872 323