Lostwithiel Carnival round up
Monday 8th August 2011
The 2011 Lostwithiel Carnival week organised by the Rotary Club has been a resounding success, with new events such as the Raft Race being hugely popular and old favourites such as the Street Party finally enjoying an evening of good weather. Mayor David Robson said "What an enjoyable carnival week we had! A great big THANK YOU to the Rotary club for organising; to the sponsors for generously donating; and to you, the public, for participating and supporting it so well." The schedule of events was:
- Sunday 10th July - Charity Fayre Day with Charity Stalls, Cornish Wrestling and Country Pursuits including sheep shearing, ferret racing, fly fishing and village green cricket. The Young Farmers provided sustenance throughout the afternoon, whilst the Town Band provided a touch of culture.
- Monday 11th July - Six-a-Side Cricket Competition on King George V Playing Field with local teams invited by the organisers, Boconnoc Cricket club. The village green atmosphere was helped by the barbecue and beer tent which will be available throughout the evening.
- Tuesday 12th July - Rounders Competition, an ever popular event organised by our local Fire Service. The competition starts with the 12 years and under class and the open class is scheduled to start at 7.30pm. A BBQ was available throughout the evening.
- Wednesday 13th July - Pram Race, a legend in Lostwithiel!
Video courtesy of The Motion Farm
Followed by the Band & Choir Concert at St Bartholomew's Church.
- Thursday 14th July - Raft Race, Duck Race and Street Party
Video courtesy of Ben Norwood
- Friday 15th July - Senior 5-a-Side Football
- Saturday 16th July - Junior Six-a-Side Football, Flava 'b' Inspired Workshops and Carnival Procession followed by music and fireworks
Pictures courtesy of Denise Watts