Dickensian Night 2011
Thursday 15th December 2011
Get into the festive season with the ever popular Dickensian Evening on Thursday 15th December from 6pm.
As ever there's late-night shopping and shopkeepers in Victorian garb, choirs, bands, craft stalls, baked potatoes, roasting chestnuts and lashings of mulled wine.
There's also more for families this year with a lantern parade to kick off the evening, a fairground ride and a traditional Punch and Judy show. Lanterns will parade from the top of Fore Street from 6pm , around town and finish at St Bartholomew's Church, led by Lost In Song choir.
Look out for the Advent Trail windows around town and enjoy live music at pubs around town later in the evening.
The evening will include:
- Church Service from 5.15pm with the Bishop of Truro in attendance
- Bell ringing
- The Mayor's Parlour will be open to the public
- Lantern parade from the top of Fore Street to the Parade led by Lost In Song choir
- Carols from Lostwithiel Town Band
- Punch & Judy show
- Kescana singers
- Lostwithiel school choir
- Old fashioned children's fairground ride
- Children can design a stained glass window in the church