Thursday 13th December 2012
On Thursday 13th December from 6pm to 9pm Lostwithiel will play host to its ever popular Dickensian Evening. In addition to the late-night shopping and shopkeepers in Victorian garb, choirs, bands, craft stalls, roasting chestnuts, baking potatoes and lashings of mulled wine, there will also be a lantern parade at 6.15pm.
Visitors will be treated to festive scenes in the annual Advent Window Trail and Christmas trees along the streets. Come along and get in the festive spirit for an Old Fashioned Christmas experience.
The evening will include:
- Lantern parade from the top of Fore Street
- Victorian Father Christmas in traditional green robes
- Story-telling sessions
- Old fashioned Children's fairground ride
- Stalls selling festive hot food and drinks
- Church Service from 5.15pm then Church open to the public
- The Mayor's Parlour will be open to the public
- Lost In Song choir
- Carols from Lostwithiel Town Band
- Lostwithiel school choir
- Live music in the Public Houses from 9pm