LostFeast - 1940s Day & Tea Dance
Wednesday 26th October 2011, 10:00am to 5:00pm
Location: Church Rooms & around the Town
A 1940s style day of music, dancing, entertainment and refreshments. Get dressed up and have you hair styled in 40s fashion in the morning at the Church Rooms, then stay for the Strictly Come Tea Dance in the afternoon which starts at 2pm. Music, entertainment, period dress and themed refreshments.
In the Church Rooms:
- 10:00 - 10:45 Popular 1940s tunes from Maureen to cheer you up
- 11:00 - 13:00 Get a 1940's style hair created for free - try vintage Victory Rolls or headscarf chic!
- 11:00 - 11:45 Sing-along with further songs from Debbie from WWII time
- 12:00 - 13:00 Local singing sensation Judith Carrigan will be singing period ballads (standards) occupanied by Phil Carrigan, conductor & Lostwithiel Town Band musician and Denzel on euphonium
- 14:00 - 17:00 Dance the afternoon away with John playing tunes from the period with an interlude of singing performed by Sandra and Angeline on piano
On the Parade and around town:
- ENSA 1940's re-enactment group will be providing musical entertainment from 10.00am
- Experience some World War Two rationed cooking in the genuine 1940s Field Kitchen
- South West Battle Group demonstating a war time field kitchen & the 1940's home front down on the parade ground.
- Lostwithiel Brownies dressed as evacuees selling boiled sweets around the town during the morning then helping with tea in the afternoon.
- Visitors and shopkeepers wearing period dress in a 1940's style
- Classic car owners invited to come along with their vehicle and join us in Lostwithiel for a great day of entertainment and nostalgia