Bonfire & fireworks displays in the area
Friday 1st November 2013
This year the nearest Fireworks and Bonfire displays are at:
- Fowey - Rugby Club at Lankelly Saturday 2nd Nov
- Bodmin - Priory Park Tuesday 5th Nov
- Golant Saturday 9th Nov
You can find other events around Cornwall using the Cornish Guardian interactive map.
If you've got a dog or cat that's afraid of fireworks you probably have a routine worked out. If you've got a new or young pet, this is the advice from the RSPCA:
- Give them plenty of exercise during the day
- Keep the indoors when fireworks are likely to be set off and make sure they can't escape
- Close windows and curtains
- Turn on music, radios or TVs to disguise the noise
- Make they have a safe hiding place e.g. a cupboard or under furniture
- If they show signs of fear, try to ignore their behaviour. Leave them alone unless they are likely to harm themselves.
- Don't punish or fuss over your pet when it's scared
And if you're lighting a bonfire this season, don't forget to check for sleeping hedgehogs!