How to get here
For more information about how to get to Lostwithiel by car, train, bus and plane, please see How to get here.
LostFeast - Lostwithiel Food and Drink Festival 2011
Saturday 22nd October 2011
Programme of events
- Guess the weight of the pasty at - COMMUNITY CENTRE
- 10-noon tea or coffee with Cornish Fairings, Figgy Hobbins or Heva Cake at the COMMUNITY CENTRE
- Noon-2pm Homity pie or pasty lunch at the - COMMUNITY CENTRE
- Cornish cream teas at the - COMMUNITY CENTRE
- Beer Festival - KINGS ARMS
- Souper Soups & food tastings at - BELLAMAMA DELI
- Special Italian dishes inspired by the 1940's Mon-Thurs - TERRA NOVA
- Five course gourmet tasting menu with optional wines carefully selected to compliment the dishes. Tues-Sat 7pm-9pm - ASQUITHS
- Daily artisan breads with a special 1940's theme on Weds 26th along with period dress LOSTWITHIEL BAKERY
- New flavours from old friends - Tues-Sat Some of our favourite suppliers have new and exciting products which we are pairing for you on our LostFeast Platters MUFFINS
- Apple and pumpkin day at Community Centre Apple and Pumpkin Day at the Centre from 12 noon - 4.30pm (This is a free event)
Apple Press, Produce Stalls, Games, Competitions, Apple Displays - bring your home grown apples to display (2 of each kind on a small plate) Prizes for the Best Eating Apple and Best Cooking Apple. Enter on the day. 50p per entry, Best Carved Pumpkin Competition for families or individuals. Bring your carved pumpkin to be judged. Prizes for winners. 50p per entry on day.
- In the evening 6.30 - 8pm Children's Pumpkin Party for the 5 - 12 year olds - Games, competitions, lots of fun. Tuckshop available £2 per child (Tickets in advance from Community Centre Reception.)
- CIDER FESTIVAL - from noon till late at Church Rooms
- Great Seed Hunt at Lanhydrock
- Find the best Cornish Sausage competition at the KINGS ARMS in aid of St Austell Brewery Charitable Trust, we shall be getting a variety of local sausages for customers to judge along with a beer festival to run through the week, tickets will be £10 to include two pints from the beer festival or equivelent, all of which will be donated to the charitable trust which provides help throughout Cornwall. 7.30pm start.
- Lost in the 1940's Themed day, 10am - 4pm, Afternnon Tea Dance in the Church rooms, E.N.S.A troop entertainment all day. Ladies come and get your hair curled, and get dressed up in your best vintage outfit, men brush down the battle dress and polish your boots and join us for a great day.
- Italian Evening at Terra Nova
- Curry Night at Earl of Chatham
- 11am food carving demo at Community Centre
- 2pm food carving workshop at Community Centre
- Fish Filleting demo 6pm - COUNTRY FRYER